FACULTY -- Dr. Mutu Packirisamy
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W., CR-219
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1M8
Phone: (514) 848-7973
Fax: (514) 848-8635
- Ph.D (Mechanical), Concordia University, 2000
- M.S. (Mechanical), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India, 1990
- B.E. (Mechanical), University of Madras, India, 1986.
- MECH 211: Mechanical Engineering Drawing
- MECH 313: Mechanical Drawing and Design
- ENGR 391: Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Optical MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems)
- Dynamics of Microsystems
- Integrated Microsensors and Microactuators
- Silicon Micromachining
- Fuzzy System Identification of Microsystems
- MEMS Specialist, MITEL Semiconductor/Optenia, 2000-2002.
- Scientist, Gas Turbine Research Establishment, India, 1991-1996.
Total Number of Refereed Journal Publications: 9
Total Number of Refereed Conference Publications: 12
Total Number of Invited Talks : 1
Three patents pending in the area of microphotonics.
“Microfabrication Techniques: Technical Challenges and Applications”, The First Canadian Workshop on Current Perspectives on MEMS Technology for Aerospace Applications, April 12, 2001, NRC, Ottawa, Canada,
Refereed journal publications
- Muthukumaran.P, I.Stiharu and R.B.Bhat,“Gas Phase Xenon Difluoride Etching of Microsystems Fabricated through Mitel 1.5 mm CMOS Process’, Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 1, Jan. 2000, pp. 35- 41.
- Muthukumaran.P, R.B.Bhat and I.Stiharu. “Boundary Conditioning Technique for Structural Tuning”, Jrl. of Sound and Vibration, 220(5), 1999, 847-859.
- Muthukumaran.P, R.B.Bhat and I.Stiharu, “Localization of Structural Vibration and Acoustic Radiation through Boundary Conditioning”, Trans.CSME, Vol. 22, No. 4B, 1998, 519-532.
- Muthukumaran.P, K.Demirli, I.Stiharu and R.B.Bhat. “Boundary Conditioning Technique for Structural Tuning using Fuzzy Logic Approach”, Intl. Jrl. of Computers and Structures, Jan. 2000, Vol. 74, Issue 5, pp. 547-557.
- Demirli. K and P.Muthukumaran. “Fuzzy System Identification with Higher Order clustering”, Jrl. of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 9, No. 3-4, 2000, pp. 129-158.
- Demirli. K , S.X. Cheng and P.Muthukumaran, “Fuzzy Modeling of Job Sequencing with Substractive Clustering”, Jrl. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, (In Print)
- Muthukumaran.P and S.Kumaraswamy, “A Method for Prediction of Static Pressure Distribution in Centrifugal Impellers’, Jrl. of Aeronautical Society of India, Vol. 47, No.2, May 1995, pp 87-93.
- Muthukumaran.P, S.Kumaraswamy and H.C.Radha Krishna, “Prediction for Assessing Cavitation Performance of Rotodynamic Pumps’, Jrl. of Irrigation and Power, Vol. 49, No.4, Oct. 1992, pp 101-117.
- Muthukumaran.P, S.Kumaraswamy and H.C.Radha Krishna, “Prediction of Cavitation Behavior of Pumps’, IE(I) Jrl., Vol. 72, Jan. 1992, pp 88-95.
Refereed conference publications
- Muthukumaran.P, I.Stiharu and R.B.Bhat, “Application of Boundary Conditioning to the Synthesis of Microsystems”, IEEE MEMS Conference, Berkeley, Aug. 24-26, 2001.
- Muthukumaran Packirisamy, Rama B. Bhat and Ion Stiharu , “System Identification of Boundary Conditioning Using Fuzzy Subtractive Clustering”, Intl. Conf. On Multidisciplinary Design in Engineering, CSME-MDE 2001, Montreal, Canada, Nov. 21-22, 2001.
- Muthukumaran.P, I.Stiharu and R.B.Bhat, “Gas Phase Silicon Micromachining of MEMS Devices Fabricated through an Industrial CMOS Process”, Workshop on Smart Materials and Structures, September 13-14 1999, St. Hubert, Quebec, Canada., pp. 139-148.
- Muthukumaran.P, I.Stiharu and R.B.Bhat, “Study of Boundary Conditioned Capacitive Microsensors Fabricated through MUMPS process”, CWMEMS 99, Canadian Workshop on MEMS, August 13, 1999, Ottawa, Canada.
- Muthukumaran.P, I.Stiharu and R.B.Bhat., “Localization of Structural Vibration and Acoustic Radiation through Boundary Conditioning”, CSME Forum, May 19-22 1998, Toronto, Ontario, 17-23.
- Packirisamy.M., I.Stiharu and R.B.Bhat. “Vibration of Micromachined Condenser Microphone Plate Diaphragms in Electrostatic Fields”, CANCAM 97, 16th Canadian Cong. of Applied Mechanics, Quebec, Canada, June 1-6 1997, pp 87-88.
- Muthukumaran.P and et al., “Design, Analysis and Experimental Investigation of a High Work Capacity Transonic Turbine”, NCABE 94, Air Breathing Engines and Aerospace Propulsion, Dec.15-17 1994, Thiruvananthapuram, pp 307-316.
- Muthukumaran.P. et al., “Design of HP and LP turbine stages for Kaveri Engine”, Workshop on MIG Engine experience for Kaveri Engine design, 28-30 Oct.1993, Sunabeda, Koraput., India, pp. 169-192, (Restricted).
- Muthukumaran.P and S.Kumaraswamy, “Interaction between Impeller Geometry and Cavitation Effects in Centrifugal Pumps”, The second Intl. Symp. on Cavitaion, Tokyo, Japan, April 1994, pp 433-439.
- Muthukumaran.P and M.Balakrishnan, “Prediction and its Verification of Swirling Flow between a Rotating and a Stationary Disk”, 4th Asian Intl. Conf. on Fluid Machinery, Suzhou, China, Oct. 1993, pp 143 - 148.
- Muthukumaran.P and S.Kumaraswamy, “Effect of Impeller Geometry on Cavitation Behavior of Centrifugal Pumps”, Intl. Symp. on Cavitation and Erosion in Hydraulic Structures and Machinery, Nanjing, China, May 26-29, 1992, pp 38-44.
- Muthukumaran.P and S.Kumaraswamy, “A Method for Prediction of Static Pressure Distribution in Centrifugal Impellers”, 43rd AGM Aeronautical Society of India, Hyderabad, Feb. 7-9 1992.
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers